Love, Creekwood by Becky Albertalli



Becky Albertalli has given the world its first Simonverse novella and it is epistolary to boot! It starts with an email from Simon, followed by Bram's response, but then... Then I read Leah's first letter and even though it is to Simon (not Abby) her voice is so genuine, so Leah-esque that I knew right there on page four that I was going to love this book:


 And I  did. It has Simon and Bram, but it also has Abby and Leah and they may very well be my new favorite YA couple. I have posted it everywhere, but their emails remind me so much of the correspondence between Vita Sackville-West and Virginia Woolf! See for yourself:



I also love that Albertalli donated 100% of the advance for this book to the Trevor Project. In big ways and small she is constantly stepping it up and redefining what a true ally is... and from what I hear there is a lot more she does behind the scenes as well. 

Now excuse me while I go bask in the literary afterglow of the Valentine's Day Bingo, which nudged the Ferris Wheel scene and has taken center stage in my mind. The Valentine's Day scene that resulted in one of the characters wondering if their best friend's social media account was hacked. I can't help grinning as I write this just thinking about it. 

Comments

Popular Posts