Hopeless Romantic by Georgia Beers

 Hopeless Romantic - Kindle edition by Beers, Georgia. Literature ...

Thank you, Georgia Beers, for this unabashed paean to the pleasure of escaping into romantic comedies. As I was reading the book, I was simultaneously remembering all the times I watched those films and wondering why Leah did not watch any lesbian romcoms...And then she watched the film I escaped to during the pandemic, I don't want to openly spoil which film it is, but if the phrase, "You're a wanker number 9" and its echo means something to you, you know the film I mean.


The book is not all about watching these movies; it is a love story between a jaded wedding planner who had been deeply hurt (emotionally and financially) by her divorce and a romantic divorce attorney who cannot wait to meet Ms. Right, marry her, and spend forever with her. As with any romance novel, they meet, slowly fall for each other, and then something happens where they separate. Their separation hit me hard, however, because it was foreseeable--even if I was as lost in the romance as they were--and seemed irreconcilable--even though I knew I was reading a romance and they had to get together back together before the book's end. Again, I don't want to say too much about the gesture that brings Leah and Teddi back together again, but it goes with the book's "theme." 


If you want to have a big smile plastered on your face as you read a romance novel, do not hesitate to pick up this one!

Comments

Popular Posts